We are glad that you have chosen to travel to Rwanda. For your safety and the well-being of those around you, please be informed that it is mandatory to complete the Public Health Passenger Locator Form.
The Government of Rwanda will use this information to contact you if you or someone you’ve been in contact with while traveling to Rwanda develops coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19
An additional Antigen Rapid Test (RDT) will be taken upon arrival, at own cost.
At the airport, the payment for Covid-19 test taken on arrival of 5,000 Frw or 5 USD will be done as per the indications of the passenger locator form. For passengers who opt for a cash payment at arrival, the balance will be given in Local currency (FRW). The passenger who wouldn’t use the payment methods on the passenger locator form may be required to pay again at arrival and claim for refund for any previous payment made.
Each passenger is required to complete an individual form. Persons under 5 years old, traveling with a guardian/parent, may not need to complete their own form, provided:
- They will arrive and leave together,
- They will stay at the same address in Rwanda, and
- Persons of 5 years and above shall complete an individual form
- All persons (arriving, transferring/transiting) are required to have a negative Rapid test certificate for a test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure.
Before you start
The following are requirements to complete the PLF
- Your passport information
- Your travel details, including times and dates
- Negative Rapid test certificate for a test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure
Upon Submission of the form:
- Travelers will receive a confirmation email
- The email will contain their Unique Health Code (UHC) which they will present upon arriving in Rwanda
Please note that this form can only be submitted within 72 hours before your departure.
Before you travel to or through Rwanda, please read about the Rwandan measures and policies for COVID-19 HERE.