We are glad that you have chosen to travel to Rwanda. For, your safety and the well-being of those around you, please be informed that it is mandatory to complete the Public Health Passenger Locator Form.
The Government of Rwanda will use this information to contact you if you or someone you’ve been in contact with while traveling to Rwanda develops coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms.
All arriving passengers must quarantine for 24 hours at a designated hotel while waiting for the results at their own cost. A Covid-19 PCR test will be taken upon arrival and an additional mandatory PCR test performed on day 3 at own cost, from the arrival date, at a designated testing sites (Camp Kigali or nearest Provincial or District Hospitals for those
out of the City of Kigali).
For the mandatory RT-PCR test taken on Day 3, Rwandan citizens will pay Rwf 30,000 or 30USD
instead of current cost of Rwf 47,200 or 50USD for non-Rwandan for each test. An additional Frw 10,000 or 10USD service fee is added on all tests performed at the airport.
All arriving travelers must pay the costs of both mandatory RT-PCR tests of arrival and of Day 3 at Kigali International Airport but sample collection for day 3 test will be conducted at the designated testing sites.
Each passenger is required to complete an individual form. Persons under 5 years old, traveling with a guardian/parent, may not need to complete their own form, provided:
- They will arrive and leave together,
- They will stay at the same address in Rwanda, and
- The details of the dependents are added into the guardian’s/parent’s form.
- Persons of 5 years and above shall complete an individual form
- All persons (arriving, transferring/transiting) are required to have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate for a test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure.
Before you start
The following are requirements to complete the PLF
- Your passport information
- Your travel details, including times and dates
- Negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate for a test conducted within 72 hours prior to departure
- Hotel Booking confirmation for arriving passengers, from the designated hotels, where you will spend 24 hours while waiting
for the results
Upon Submission of the form:
- Travelers will receive a confirmation email
- The email will contain their Unique Health Code (UHC) which they will present upon arriving in Rwanda
Please note that this form can only be submitted within 72 hours before your departure.
Before you travel to or through Rwanda, please read about the Rwandan measures and policies for COVID-19 HERE.